Arizona Hardware Supply Company
22 E Jackson, Phoenix, AZ
This property has been honored with the 2010 Governor's Heritage Preservation Award.
Constructed in 1930, this warehouse was an ancillary building for the Arizona Hardware Supply Company, headquartered in a a larger building across Jackson Street. The warehouse was a modest building, enhanced by its brick façade and stepped parapet. It had two loading docks at rail height, and a central door at street grade. Dudley Ventures has worked to preserve the historically significant exterior and interior portions of this important landmark and to restore the primary façade as authentically as possible.
The Arizona Hardware Supply Company Warehouse is now one of only 16 individually designated historic buildings in the “Jackson Street Entertainment District”. This noteworthy warehouse adds further history and character to the area, as well as complimenting the surrounding neighborhood and providing a catalyst for future development. Dudley Ventures worked with city agencies and their resources to effectively restore and redevelop the building in support of the ongoing efforts of the City of Phoenix to revitalize the downtown business district.
Dudley Ventures closed the NMTC transaction in February 2009 to finalize funding for their new headquarters in downtown Phoenix. A total $4.35 million in New Markets Tax Credits allocation from multiple tax credit allocatees in addition to Historic Tax Credits.